With no further ado - here are our 7 submissions:
- Most Beautiful Post - I don't want to toot my own horn, but I thought Night Passages was pretty bang on. I really enjoyed writing it and people seemed to like it.
- Most Popular Post - The Cruising Kitty, hands down. People REALLY wanted to know about our financial situation; I hemmed and hawed about writing it because it was, well, personal. But people loved it, and it got (and still gets) a LOT of traffic.
- Most Controversial Post - Traveler vs. Tourist. A few people thought I was being elitist and took this post the wrong way and completely out of context. Others thought it was the best. Go figure.
- Most Helpful Post - I don't think of our blog as a "how to" as much as I think of it as a depiction of our lifestyle, but a lot of readers found Passage Making to be helpful.
- Surprise Success Post - I wrote a mothers day post To My Mom. It was more for her than for anyone else and since it was really not cruising related, I thought it would just fade off into oblivion. But you guys loved it. Ate it right up! My mom is pretty easy to love though.
- The "Give it More Love" Post - I thought my Do One Thing Every Day That Scares You post was hilarious. I really did. I laugh out loud every time I read it. I thought people would laugh with me. They did not. (Well, except for my best friend who shares my humor).
- Post I'm Most Proud of - We Got Spanked...HARD is from way back, and chronicles our (very) ill-fated first overnight of this trip where we learned some very important lessons. I'm most proud of it because a) we got through it and b) looking back on how little we knew at the time I'm so happy we came out on top!!
So there you have it friends! I hope you enjoyed the walk down memory lane with me!Brittany & Scott
We were graciously nominated to participate in this project by fellow cruisers Matt and Christie, of s/v Kaleo.