While my mom watched Isla, I hopped aboard and got to work opening seacocks, switching on power, checking the bilge, opening hatches, and squirreling away all our stuff. I wiped down just about every touchable surface with a vinegar/water solution to clean off any toxins left over from our third and final fog (our friend set off three Raid foggers for us the day he found the roach).
Once I got the boat livable again, I put Isla to bed and found the energy to work on a little project I had waiting for me: mounting our new emergency flashlights. On Rasmus, Scott and I had three of these strategically placed throughout the boat and we used them all the time. They are wall-mounted and only turn on and off based on connectivity to the housing meaning they have no on/off switches. This might sound strange, but what this does is lessen the opportunity to misplace these things because, let's face it, finding a working flashlight on a boat can sometimes be like finding a needle in a haystack. I mounted one in the v-berth, one right under the main companionway stairs, and one in our aft cabin. Now we'll never have to worry about finding a flashlight when we need one, as there will be at least three that will be where they are supposed to be, unlike our fifteen million head lamps that disappear like socks from a dryer.
With that done, I am going to curl up with a book and get some beauty rest. Tomorrow I am tackling the deck. It appears the local parrots were using our boat for target practice. A lot.